top of page
White Marble


White Marble

When is a building permit required by McCordsville?

Building permits are required for fences, pools, decks, patios, and most sheds/accessory structures. McCordsville’s permitting is 100% digital and on-line. Go to for more information on permitting. 

Where do I go to repair or replace my mailbox/post?

We have a common mailbox/post design throughout our community, including a common font and color for house numbers and street as well as color for the mailbox and post.  Mailbox/post repair or replacement is provided by Otto's Streetscape Solutions (preferred vendor), 2449 E. Main Street, Greenfield, IN 46140 Phone: (317) 886-4400 email: or The Sign Shop (secondary vendor), 5970 Draycott Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46236.  Phone: (317) 847-7408

What are the annual dues for the HOA?

The annual dues are $365.  They are paid in January or February of each year.  In addition, new homeowners pay a one time capital improvement fee of $250 at their closing.




How do I contact the HOA Board?

The best way to contact the HOA Board is through email at  Our mail address is: PO Box 234, McCordsville, IN 46055.



What is the legal name of the HOA?

Our legal name is "Geist Woods Estates Homeowners' Association, Inc."  On February 2, 2021 we formally incorporated as an Indiana nonprofit corporation and dissolved the former for-profit corporation that was established by the developer when Geist Woods Estates was first established in 2007.

What work on my home requires HOA approval?

Significant changes to the exterior of your home should be reviewed and approved by the HOA Architectural Review Committee (ARC), including: fences, pools, decks, patios, exterior buildings, stone/paver work, house/trim painting, basketball hoops, playground equipment, and any other work that materially affects the exterior of your property


bottom of page